Catholic Charities invites all students in grades Kindergarten through 5th to submit artwork that will be used throughout the year in various media formats, including, but not limited to our annual Christmas card, our website, mass mailings and emails, and our new magazine.
A winner will be selected from each category to receive a prize and have his/her art featured prominently on both Catholic Charities’ website and the website of the Pope Francis Center For Justice and Charity, as well as other possible media:
Category 1 = Kindergarten & First Grade
Category 2 = Second Grade & Third Grade
Category 3 = Fourth Grade & Fifth Grade
This year’s theme:
SHARE THE JOURNEY
This year, on September 27th, Pope Francis will be launching the global campaign “Share the Journey” (http://journey.caritas.org/) in support of our brothers and sisters who have fled their homes seeking a decent and safe home for their families. Caritas Internationlis, the USCCB, CCUSA and CRS have asked that we all get involved in the initiative, and what better way then through eyes and art of children?
The following quotes might spark some ideas:
- “I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.” Matthew 25:35
- “Continue to love each other like brothers, and remember always to welcome strangers, for by doing this, some people have entertained angels without knowing it.” Hebrews 13:1-2
- “The presence of brothers and sisters from different cultures should be celebrated as a gift to the Church.” Welcoming the Stranger Among Us: Unity in Diversity, A Statement of the U.S.
- “A little bit of mercy makes the world less cold and more just.” Pope Francis
- “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience” Colossians 3:12
- Jesus said “I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you also should love one another.” John 13:34
- “We all have the duty to do good.” Pope Francis
Every day at Catholic Charities we assist refugees and immigrants in their new journey of adjusting to life in America. We provide support services that help this integration – such as cultural orientation, on-going case management and legal representation — all while respecting the individual’s unique culture and traditions.
For Contest Rules and details, please download the flyer and the art template.
Have questions? Contact Jenifer McVicker at 503-688-2656 or firstname.lastname@example.org